Sunday, July 12, 2009

Bird Talk


So, I'm becoming quite the birder. Above is a photo of a hummingbird I took that feeds off of our bee balm plants just outside of our screened porch. According to our newly acquired Smithsonian Field Guide to Birds of North America (thanks Jean!) this is a ruby-throated hummingbird.

Below is a black-capped chicadee. We have two adults and a nest of babies -- about 2-3 that I can see without getting in their space.

We also have goldfinch(es?), woodpeckers, cardinals, robins and wild turkeys. Will try to get a photo of a goldfinch at some point to post. But in the meantime, I'm looking to purchase a hummingbird feeder to keep these babies around into September.

4 comments:

modernemama said...

I can't see them. I'll come back later and she if they pop out...

modernemama said...

or see, even...

Christine H. said...

I've re-posted the photos. Hope it works!

modernemama said...

Goodness, however did you get a photo of a hummingbird? In awe!